With summer in full swing and temperatures over 100 degrees here in Texas, this recipe is one of our favorites. Barrys Tea offers a recipe for Green Tea Smoothies. Please note, this recipe works best when you use Barrys Green Tea.
Ingredients (Serves 1)
- 1 green tea bag
- ⅔ cup of water
- ½ cup of mango, cubed
- 1 wedge of fresh lime juice
- 2 cups of crushed ice
- Heat water and brew tea, then leave to cool.
- Place cooled tea, mango, lime juice and crushed ice in a blender.
- Blend until thick and smooth.
- Adjust ice to the consistency you like best.
The fruit will naturally sweeten this smoothie but for those who want a sweeter treat, any type of sweetener can be added.
Recipe courtesy of Barrys Tea.