How about a soup recipe using rooibos tea? Try this Bean Soup recipe that uses Intaba Rooibos tea.
We have not yet used this recipe, but will let you know when we do. Recipe courtesy of Intaba Tea. Visit the official Intaba Tea site for more recipes and other interesting information. Since Intaba in a South African company, the measurements in this recipe are metric. We have tried to provide approximate measurements for a US audience, but use metric measurements if you can.
WHOLESOME BEAN SOUP
3 litres (just over 12.5 cups) of Intaba Rooibos tea (use 10 tea bags)
650 grams (23 ounces) sugar beans (also known as butter beans or lima beans)
150 grams (just over 5 ounces) bacon,diced
3 large onions, peeled and chopped
15 ml (just over 1 tablespoon) lemon pepper
200 grams (7 ounces) marrow bones
1 bay leaf
1. Wash beans and soak overnight in rooibos tea
2. Sauté bacon and onions for a couple of minutes
3. Drain beans and add to onions and bacon in saucepan
4. Add rooibos tea and remaining ingredients and bring to the boil
5. Reduce heat and simmer for approximately 2 hours until beans are tender
6. Serve with wholewheat bread.
Serves about 8 to 10 people