Doesn’t almost every tea drinker enjoy scones? Here is a unique twist on the plain scone recipe courtesy of Madura Tea. Please note: for this recipe to work, you need to use Madura Green Tea. We can’t guarantee it will work with any other type of green tea.
Green Tea Scones
Recipe Difficulty: Easy
* 250g (8.8 oz) plain flour
* 1/3 tablespoon salt
* 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
* 1 tablespoon baking powder
* 1 teaspoon Madura Green Leaf Tea
* 70g (2.5 oz) butter
* 150mL (5 oz) milk
* 1 egg, separated into yolk and white
1. Sift together the four, baking powder, salt, green tea and sugar.
2. Cut the butter into small pieces. With your fingertips, mix the butter into the flour until it becomes dry and flaky.
3. Combine the milk and egg yolk, and pour the mixture into the flour a little at a time. Mix and knead into a moist dough, but not so moist that it becomes moist.
4. Preheat the oven to 350°C
5. Place the dough on a floured board and knead slightly until smooth. Roll out to a thickness of about 1/2 inch and cut out shapes with a cookie cutter or the rim of a glass.
6. Brush the tops with a little egg white, place on a baking sheet, and bake for 12-15 minutes, until slightly brown.
Cut each scone in half and eat with jam and fresh cream.
You can get more recipes at the Madura Company site.