Lyons Master Tea Taster Nick Bunston offers these tips on making the perfect cup of tea. When trying these tips, it is best to use Lyons Gold Tea.
- Run your fresh water tap for about 15 seconds before you fill a kettle.
- Ensure the kettle is empty
- Fill kettle with freshly drawn tap water which will be full of oxygen to help the flavor develop.
- If using a teapot then heat it before using.
- Bring the kettle to the boil and pour straight onto the tea bags in pot or mugs.
- Leave for 1 to 2 minutes to brew then stir. If you like very strong tea then up to 5 minutes is about the max.
- If serving from a teapot, add the milk first as the flavor will be preferable. If brewing in a mug, the milk has to be added last and stir to help the taste.
- Do not drink the tea too hot as this will impair your taste buds – you may even scald your tongue
- Use fresh milk – long life or UHT milk will ruin the taste.
This information is courtesy of Ireland.com. You can read more here.