We are always on the lookout for good recipes using tea. This recipe for Rooibos Cup Cakes is great for kids. Actually, the recipe is geared for kids. It is simple, easy to follow and tastes great. Recipe courtesy of Intaba Tea.
For this recipe, use Intaba Rooibos. To make it easier, we converted the metric measurements. However, if you can use the metric measurement, it is best to do so. The conversions are off a bit.
100 ml (a little over 3 ounces) strong Intaba Rooibos tea (use 1 tea bag)
115 g soft butter or margarine (4 ounces)
170 g castor sugar (6 ounces)
280 g cake flour (a little over 2 cups)
10 ml baking powder (2 teaspoons)
3 eggs, beaten
1. Preheat oven to 180 °C (350 F)
2. Rub butter or margarine into dry ingredients until mixture resembles fine bread crumbs
3. Add eggs and Rooibos tea. Mix well
4. Place paper cups in a muffin pan and spoon batter into each. Bake in center of oven for 25 – 30 minutes
5. Turn out and allow to cool
6. Decorate with soft icing
Now, enjoy and have with a cup of Intaba Bushbabies, herbal tea for the kids.