Recipe courtesy of Kusmi Tea.
Now that summer is here and it is starting to get hot, try this citrus intensive iced tea.
Iced tea with Caribbean fruit
For 4-6 people
Preparation time : 15 minutes, the day before
* 1 ½ litres of spring water
* 200 grams of brown caster sugar (about 1.5 cups)
* 2 untreated lemons
* 1 untreated lime
* 4 untreated oranges
* 1 untreated pomelo (substitute is a grapefruit)
* 4 cloves
* ¼ teaspoon of mixed spice
* 1 pinch of nutmeg
* 2 tablespoons of black tea (use you favorite Kusmi Tea
Carefully wash the pieces of fruit, then wipe them dry.
Cut them into thin slices without peeling them.
Put them in a bowl with the cloves, mixed spice and nutmeg. Sprinkle with sugar.
Heat the water to 85°C and pour in the tea; leave to infuse for 3 – 4 minutes then pour the hot tea over the fruit.
Leave to soak overnight at room temperature.
Before serving, pass through a sieve, squeezing the fruit to extract all the juice.
Serve chilled, decorated with rings of lime, orange or pineapple.